Malaysia National Committee are made up of representatives from all facets of Malaysia's energy sector. They are entitled to participate in certain elements of the Council's work programme and global events and thereby have access to the World Energy Council's global network.
As part of their value proposition, Members gain access to the following content-related membership privileges:
- Right to nominate own experts in Study Groups of interest.
- Right to nominate own experts in Knowledge Networks of interest.
- Access to Members-only area of the World Energy Council.
- Complimentary subscription to special 'WEC Inside' bi-weekly newsletter from the WEC Secretary General.
- Discounted registration fees for WEC's triennial World Energy Congress.
- Potential participation in the Future Energy Leaders' Programme.
- Candidate to participate in WEC regional and international events.
- Priority invitation/participation in WEC events, nationally and Internationally.
- Speaking opportunity at the triennial World Energy Congress.
- Speaking opportunity at WEC international events.
- Enable the organisation to demonstrate commitment to the future of energy leadership.
- Enable the organisation to be a catalyst and provide endorsement for new ideas, innovations and solutions within the energy sector.
- Enable the organisation to have the benefit from extensive visibility and outreach across the Council's global network, at events and within the Council's work programme.
- Benefit from numerous high level marketing opportunities to give a perfect platform to impress key global leaders from the energy sector and energy industry.
- Opportunity to involve in a unique occasion to network and conduct business with numerous senior-level delegates from industry and government who help determine energy policy decisions.
- Opportunity to achieve the maximum impact from your marketing activities in the run up to and during the event.
- Opportunity to get a high-level exposure at the world's largest and most influential meeting of global energy professionals.
- Opportunity to participate in the projects related to Waste to Energy (WTE) and Clean Energy in Malaysia and other countries, secured by WEC Malaysia.
Members can suggest topics of broad interest for study, and Members' employees can participate in study and policy research sub committees. Through their membership, they could contribute in shaping Malaysia's energy future in a more meaningful way.
Our Secretary of the Malaysia Member Committee of the World Energy Council, Ms Zurina Amnan has been given privileges to speak at the following Sessions during the World Energy Congress in Istanbul on 9-13 October 2016:
- Urban Unnovation – Waste to Energy on 10 October 2016.
- Private CEO Rountable on 11 October 2016 (Special Session).
- Next Generation Biofuels on 12 October 2016.
- Future Energy Leaders Congress: Post COP-21 – Balancing Trilemma Objectives for Emerging Markets on 12 October 2016.
In future, the speaking opportunity will be discussed among Members to decide who will represent Malaysia at World Energy Council's event and congress.
The fee for a Member Committee is approximately 20% of the World Energy Council's annual subscription fee that the Malaysia National Member Committee would pay to World Energy Council London. The Membership fee is therefore £5,747 per year based on the Country's current World Energy Council annual subsription amount. This fee will be adjusted on an annual basis in line with general Council membership fee adjustments.